How can I find a wedding celebrant?
Finding a Wedding Celebrant
Congratulations on your engagement. I know there are so many important decisions for you to make when trying to organise your wedding celebration. I can imagine that it probably feels like really hard work. Well, I´m here to share with you how you can find your wedding celebrant and that it doesn´t need to be difficult.
The first thing to remember is like couples; wedding celebrants come in all shapes and sizes, so there´s no one size fits all. We are all unique and have different personalities, life experience and training, which makes us the best at what we do. No two weddings will ever be the same because of the uniqueness of each wedding celebrant for instance; therefore, making this a clear benefit for you as a couple searching for a unique ceremony that´s tailored to you.
To answer the question how can you find a wedding celebrant for your celebration day; I guess it comes down to thinking about your own personal attributes both individually and as a couple; and how these are reflected in the celebrants you are researching. Pinning down your search area will also help you to narrow down your selection but this doesn´t mean that your´re settling for less, quite the opposite. It means that you can really start to research each celebrant in much more detail and really get a flavour for who they are and their values without feeling overwhelmed.
Points to consider when narrowing down your search
- Are they someone who fits in with your personal values and life ethics, caring, motivating and person-centred?
2. Do you feel an empathy or a connection with them and that they are someone who gets you?
3. Are they as passionate as you and a celebrant that´s creative, warm and able to weave your journey to marriage into colourful metaphors that will tell your story in the way you could only have imagined?
Feeling bogged down with trying to find a celebrant? Yes? Then there´s something I´d like you to do
Stop… now take a deep breath and take the following steps.
Tips to create your celebrants shortlist
- Write down 3 of the most important values or traits that you want your celebrant to have. If you like to capture your ideas first; try jotting your ideas down on a large piece of paper or record your ideas verbally on your mobile first.
- Narrow down your search area to where you live or where you would like to have your wedding.
- Make a shortlist of 5 celebrants who appear to match your criteria of search area, values and type of wedding service you would love to have.
- Now look at each one more closely and record the things you like the most about each one until you can narrow it down even further to 3 celebrants
- The final step is to get in touch with the celebrants that you have found to share similar values, traits or personality as you.
I have outlined these steps to help you to focus on the key objective of finding a wedding celebrant, without the added clutter of lots of other information.
Now one last thing…
Are you ready to take your dreams from paper to reality in Malaga in 2023 or 2024, Yes. I´d love to hear your story?
Get in touch today so that we can start creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Hope to see you soon.
Marcia “M” xxx
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes